Meat cookery course:
Are you a meat lover?
As home chefs it is our wish to create delicious meals to restaurant quality!
We, as consumers, do pay a lot of money to enjoy the skills of chefs and caterers who cook meat for us.
To cook meat to a restaurant quality standard requires a level of understanding that goes well beyond following recipes.
In this exciting, informative and engaging theory and practical 2 ½ – 3 hour class you will learn to cook your red meat to restaurant quality! Your new found skills and knowledge will give you confidence to source, prepare and cook your meat to the highest standard possible.
My name is Phil Strasser.
I am a qualified chef and the author of Your Meat Mate.
This book teaches you everything you need to know about sourcing and cooking red meat before you embrace the recipe books.
I am passionate about meat (both in cooking and eating it!). Sharing my knowledge and professional experience to cooking red meat to the highest standard possible is what I have been doing for many years. I have taught many students who have gone on to create delicious red meat dishes simply from what they have learnt from me which has given them enormous confidence in the kitchen.
I am a firm believer that it isn’t an amazing recipe that makes the difference to the quality of a red meat meal. I truly believe that a simple red meat dish with every day ingredients yet cooked with the proper skills, using the proper techniques backed by knowledge will run circles around an average cooked red meat meal accompanied by expensive accompaniments.
In this course you will:
- Understand the importance of the animals breeding environment as a major contributing factor to the quality of meat.
- Note the important stages from the animal’s slaughter to the retail outlet and appreciate the importance of these stages to the ultimate quality of the meat.
- Learn the different meat cuts from the beef, veal, lamb, and pork. Note where they are on the animal’s body and identify the most appropriate cooking method(s).
- Understand the physical structure and chemical composition of meat. In this section you will hear what is happening to the meat during the cooking process.
- Identify the different cooking methods and how to achieve the most desired outcome from using those methods.
- See just how the cheaper and more challenging cuts can be just as good to cook and eat as the more expensive cuts. They just require different cookery methods.
Learn to cook meat to impress whoever you want!
Learn to cook restaurant quality yet much cheaper than the restaurant prices!